Dreams III- BACK TO SCHOOL

 



It could start as the usual dream. Walking through the school corridors naked as a victim. The long room is the last distance between life and death. I'd be ready for the flames of sacrifice. I could be permanently shamed, but I am not, for I have learned how to hide in plain sight, how to cover my face instead of my body.  Instead it starts with a memory in a memory. Class of 2021, do you remember how close we were? all day, every day, new messages with new problems. When is this work due? How many pages? Digital class, graduated in the year of the pandemic. Some of us were perfect students, some way less, but it was not all about it, as our families were dying. But it had not always been in a computer. Oh, how I miss it! It is suffocating me. putting things in my backpack symmetrically, the water bottle, the books, the notepad. shoving everything in randomly, coins for the vending machines, snack wraps, the keys. Somebody help me, I miss it so much it is suffocating me. August must be the cruellest month, when I am forced to live with Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia. But what happens after school? I wish somebody had told me. The clock starts moving again. There is Death awaiting me at the end of this plot. How I wish I could go back to the filler episodes. nothing special but long, long days. But hey, how about I get in contact with my old classmates again? Will they answer? Do I even have their numbers? What happened during the time we were separated? It was only yesterday, I swear. But then I see the old chat- 5 years ago. I have a degree now, and I need to find a job. The end of the plot is so near. Somebody help me, it is suffocating me.

Comments